Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Suga pie honey dumplin'

I have almost always been weirded out by the use of terms of endearment, but now that I'm waiting tables I keep catching myself using them. "May I refill your tea, sweetie?" "May I take this plate out of your way, hun." So far I've only caught myself saying these things to kids, but I'm worried it could get out of hand if I don't wrangle this problem stat. It's probably tied in with my waitress slightly whorish alter ego that believes if I wear eyeliner and lipstick to work I might get a couple of extra dollars. My waitress ego also believes that the makeup might just balance out the fact that I have to wear a tie and the only white oxford shirts I can find that fit me are from the husky section in the little boys department.

I've also gotten really terrible at sleeping lately. Are my granny days of early to bed, early to rise done for? I suppose I'll have plenty of time for that in 40 years or so. Until then my brain refuses to stop turning over ideas about jobs and what I should do/am doing with my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment