Monday, October 18, 2010

Wedding Crasher

Saturday the weather was absolutely gorgeous on the Coast and I wanted to spend as much time as possible outside before I had to spend my night refilling salad and breadsticks.

So, I went for my normal ralk, wog, jalk, whatever you want to call it, over the Popps Ferry Bridge and then decided to go bring my lawn chair out to the beach and do some reading.

I definitely looked like a 40 year old divorcee: Ball cap, sunglasses, running shorts, sports bra, tank top and Chacos with a bottle of water, lawn chair and my book on the sand with my feet in the water. I'm sure Jodi Picoult has already written a book about a person exactly like me. Regardless it was awesome and I don't blame you for being jealous. :)

When I set up camp I noticed that there was a white awning set up about 100 feet away from me, but it was deserted so I just figured someone got married there earlier that day or the day before. However, about 30 minutes after sitting there I noticed people bringing in flowers, etc and literally 10 minutes later about 30 or 40 people just started piling in for the wedding. I was going to move, but then I looked to my right and about 25 feet away were workers picking up tar balls so I figured I might as well just stay where I was. However, I looked to my left again and saw the photographer start snapping shots of what I thought was me. What the hell!? Then I looked to my right and saw the bride and her father processing parallel to the Gulf towards me and the awning. SHIT. At this point it was entirely too late for me to move. So I awkwardly smiled at the bride as she walked behind me, apologized and told her congratulations in which her reply was, "Thanks! You get to be in my wedding pictures!" Awesome.... And through all this I wasn't paying attention to how long I had been out there resulting in an awesome sun burn.

It seems that I can't get away from weddings. My friends are happy and in love, what can I say? Cook/Lampton nuptials down and what a blast they were! (I know that's, right!) Next in 2 and a half months comes the Malone/Lott nuptials.

No comments:

Post a Comment