Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Hey, hey, hey!

I've had some blogging days in the past, livejournal, xanga, etc., but I feel like this is a good point in my life to start a new. I'm pretty sure this blog will end up boring anyone who comes across it, my life in Baton Rouge is anything but exciting, and my writing skills leave much to be desired (hey, give me a break, I've been studying staves and music notes my whole life).

See, now that I've finished that first paragraph I'm already wondering why the hell I started this thing because I have no freaking clue what to write about.

Oh, I know!

I've been discovering lots of new and interesting (and some scary) things about myself this year thanks to my amazing voice teacher. I'm 99.9% positive that she is from another planet and has magical powers. Star trek pin capable of "beaming her up"? Check. Yoda dolls decorating her office? Check. Believes antibiotics are killing society and scolded me for going to the doctor even though I couldn't sing for a week? Check. Daily clothes have themes? Check. (My favorite is a tie between her Korean outfit and her cowboy outfit. Fringe anyone?) Before an audition telling me she will do a trance for me? Check.

She has given me the best advice of my entire life. Of course she tells me it in the context of singing, but really it's great life advice. "Just Eff it!" and "You just have to stop caring about what you sound like all the time." and my favorite was last semester when she said, "You just need to let go and do something daring! Ooo! Lets take the entire class bungee jumping!"

I only wish you could hear her high pitched magical voice. I'm in one of her classes called Performance Craft too. Ya'll, it's the best thing in the entire world. I get credit for going to a group therapy session twice a week where we all sit around and talk about our feelings and then dance them out to world music. "Dance like your judges! Dance like your inner child! Dance like your higher being!" It's trippy, ya'll, real trippy and I love every second of it.

If it wasn't for her then I'm pretty sure I'd ran as far away as I could, well, not too far, because I recently found out that my inner judges tell me I'm a complete wimp and I listen to them too much.

3 comments:

  1. HOLY CRAP! This woman sounds like she should have a tv show all about her. And I wasn't bored for a second.

    ReplyDelete
  2. whoop whoop welcome to the blogging world!!! and yes I agree with the previous voice, I'm already awaiting this television show...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys just don't even know! I wish you guys could though! Also Chelsi, the voice above you is Hillary! :)

    ReplyDelete