Wednesday, February 18, 2009

A ghostly day.

In my performance craft class yesterday my professor came up with a very interesting exercise for us. She asked one girl in the class to think of a song that she was currently singing and create a dialogue about the song. Weeeeeeeellll, the song she chose was about a ghost who haunted the grave of her dead child. After the girl made this dialogue up about the song she decided to let the girl do the dialogue again except actually portraying the mother and she asked me to be the child, with a chair as the grave. If all this isn't crazy enough, what dialogue comes out of my mouth playing the creepy, dead child? "It's ok, mother, I'm with the angels." WTF. Two of my friends immediately started convulsing from trying not to laugh. Two of the voice faculty found out about my "performance" and saw me at a recital later last night and quoted me and followed it up with some ghostly noises. Sometimes, I feel like they just keep me around here because they think I'm entertaining.

Moral of the story? I don't have a career playing a creepy, dead child.

Later in the day I had a mysterious missed call from the Millsaps hotline. Ghostly coincidence?

No comments:

Post a Comment