Thursday, February 5, 2009

Alarm Clock Tango

Every morning at 1380 things go something like this:

6:45am- Roomie #2's alarm clock/cell phone goes off followed by the pressing of the snooze button.

7:00am- My cell phone/alarm clock goes off followed by pressing snooze.

7:02am- Roomie #1's alarm clock goes off. THE MOST ANNOYING SOUND IN THE ENTIRE WORLD. IT IS POSSESSED BY EVIL DEMONS AND IS THE BANE OF MY EXISTENCE. He precedes to SLEEP THROUGH THE MOST ANNOYING SOUND IN THE ENTIRE WORLD and I begin to wonder why in the hell I even pressed snooze. Then either one of two things happens: 1) I painfully sit in my bed for what seems like eternity (and what is actually probably 1 minute, maybe, or 2) I drag my ass out of bed walk in his room, go to his bathroom (where the evil demon lives) and turn off his alarm clock. After this I am so adiment on sleeping until my snooze ends that I go back to bed.

7:05am- I get a text from Roomie #2 saying "Hey, do you want to shower first or can I jump in?" I usually sleepily reply with "Go for it."

7:10am - My snooze goes off and I wonder why I put myself through this every morning. Someday I'll just get up when my alarm initially goes off at 7am and I'll be a much happier person.

So what I'm asking you is how does one stop being such a light sleeper or how does one even become one in the first place? I feel like this is the ONLY motherly instinct I will ever have. The first week I lived at 1380 I woke up every single time the air conditioner turned on because my air vent rattles a little. This is just ridiculous, people, ridiculous.

No comments:

Post a Comment