Saturday, April 18, 2009

"Singing is like a prolonged orgasm."

This is what my voice teacher told me Tuesday in studio class after I sang. That is not in my private voice lesson, but after I sang in front of our entire studio which consists of about 20 people.
She then proceeded to ask, "Does this analogy work for you?" I feel like my voice teacher is encouraging me to be sluttier? This would be great advice if every male in the school of music wasn't gay or questionably gay. So I'm now working on singing like I'm having a prolonged orgasm. I'll keep you guys updated on how that works out for me.


I really should stop drinking before recitals. What else is a girl supposed to do when she gets out of a 4 hour rehearsal and has merely one hour before she has to go to the millionth required voice recital she has to attend this semester and the school of music is conveniently located next to a street lined with bars? Having drunken conversation while trying to pretend to be sober with my voice teacher at a recital, however, is mildly embarrassing, but mostly highly entertaining.

3 comments:

  1. Ha!! Loved your story. Is this the star trek woman?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry, wait, this was said in front of other students too?

    ReplyDelete