Monday, October 12, 2009

Love Boat

Late night studying for midterms makes me really sad. Not because it's for a terrible Classical Music History survey class and I'm tired of learning about this stuff and ready to graduate, but because it makes me miss Millsaps like whoa.

Late night studying in Ashley's recliner, all nighters in the library, ranch fries with the PKC ladies back when Aladdin was actually 24 hours and sketch, the Atrium, sweet Jesus I miss living in the Atrium, and so much more. I know this post seems really lame, but I don't care. I'm tired and procrastinating so it's about to get lamer. I miss being somewhere where I know I'm cared about and loved. At Millsaps I always knew that even without my family and without a significant other I always had someone close by who legitimately cared about me and would do anything for me. I have some great friends here in Baton Rouge, but for some reason it's just not the same. As the ever eloquent Dean Katz said that faithful day at the Millsaps Night in Columbus, "Ole Miss might be the battleship of Mississippi, Mississippi State might be the tug boat of Mississippi, but Millsaps, Millsaps is the love boat of Mississippi."

2 comments:

  1. this was so lovely, I think it needs to be on Millsaps admission materials...

    But then I got to the DK quote....Oh, my good Lord! That man is HILARIOUS!

    ReplyDelete